Aphena Pharma Solutions Inc., a contract packager, repackager, and manufacturer for the pharmaceutical, OTC, dietary supplements, animal health, health and beauty, consumer health, and medical device markets, has acquired 14 OTC products from G&W Laboratories.
The company reports in a press release that the acquisition is part of its strategy "to expand its existing and future customers' access to the growing private-label marketplace by purchasing both small- and large-scale private-label offerings."
The 14 products are 15- to 25-year legacy products in the first-aid, feminine hygiene, hemorrhoidal/vaginal, and baby retail categories, Aphena reports. They include:
- Allergy cream (compare to Benadryl 2%)
- Diaper rash ointment (compare to Desitin Original)
- Greaseless muscle rub (compare to Bengay Greaseless)
- Hemorrhoidal cooling gel (compare to Preparation H)
- Hemorrhoidal cream (compare to Preparation H)
- Hemorrhoidal ointment (compare to Preparation H)
- Hydrocortisone cream with aloe (compare to Cortaid or Cortizone 10)
- Hydrocortisone ointment with aloe (compare to Cortaid or Cortizone 10)
- Lubricating jelly (compare to K-Y Jelly)
- Miconazole nitrate seven-day vaginal cream (compare to Monistat 7)
- Sani pads (compare to Tucks)
- Tolnaftate cream (compare to Tinactin)
- Zinc oxide ointment (no brand comparison)
- Ultra muscle rub (compare to Bengay Ultra)
"Aphena is very proud to be able to offer these products to our customers," said Aphena President and CEO Renard Jackson in the press release. "Being able to provide this product lineup will help us to grow our existing customer base and will open up new doors with new customers. An added benefit for our customers is that they have access to additional manufacturing capacity through our liquids manufacturing operation in Easton, MD."
For more information about Aphena, visit their website, http://www.aphenapharma.com/ , or call 1-866-465-4506.