Advil® Launches Advil® Relief in Action Campaign Celebrating Active Volunteers Who Don’t Let Pain Hold Them Back
MADISON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (NYSE: PFE), makers of Advil, is kicking off its Advil Relief in Action campaign today that honors volunteers who don't let pain get in the way of providing relief to others in need.
Advil Relief in Action celebrates the efforts of these tireless everyday heroes, as well as supports and contributes to the efforts of Habitat for Humanity and Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP), whose volunteers exemplify Relief in Action and work to improve the lives of others every day.
Advil is also kicking-off a national call to action for everyone to show Advil® how you see Relief in Action by sharing inspiring photos on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #ReliefinAction. As part of the launch, Advil is teaming up with comedian Aziz Ansari who will perform a private comedy show for 200 people, 100 Superstorm Sandy volunteers and their guests, who dedicated their time and energy to help their neighbors rebuild and get back on their feet. These volunteers know firsthand how aches and pains can result from actively volunteering to rebuild their community, but they didn't let that hold them back.
"I'm very happy to help with the Advil Relief in Action campaign," Aziz says. "Tonight's show at Barclays Center is for the amazing volunteers who helped out affected areas during the devastation of Superstorm Sandy. I'm very honored to perform for them." Initiatives recognizing volunteers include:
- Kick Off at Barclays Center with Aziz Ansari:
- Advil® Relief in Action rolls out tonight at Barclays Center where comedian Aziz Ansari and the Brooklyn Nets will join in celebrating Tri-State Habitat for Humanity volunteers who gave selflessly during and after Superstorm Sandy. Approximately one hundred volunteers will be spotlighted before the game and after will be treated to an unforgettable private comedy show by Aziz Ansari.
- The Advil® Relief in Action program will also be brought to life on the Daily News Plaza at Barclays Center through a mural, by Brooklyn artist Jose Roldan Rendon from Brush Décor Studio, recognizing and supporting the commitment of volunteers dedicated to relieving the pain of others.
- #ReliefinAction – A celebration of giving back in pictures
- Starting today, Advil® will encourage people to upload photos onto Twitter and Instagram of people giving back by using #ReliefinAction. In addition, check out the inspiring collage of photos celebrating volunteers on Advil.com.
- Five heroes, including professional football great and committed volunteer Victor Cruz, will lend their faces and stories to the campaign. The heroes include 25-year-old Paul Ridley, who was the youngest American to row across the Atlantic, and Alison Thompson who set up relief and aid camps in local communities after disasters, including September 11th, earthquakes in Haiti and Superstorm Sandy.
- Partnerships with Habitat for Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project® and Tough Mudder
- Starting in May1, a portion of the price of participating Advil® bottles will go to Habitat for Humanity International and Wounded Warrior Project®. The Advil® Relief in Action program will also be onsite at Habitat for Humanity builds and in conjunction with Wounded Warrior Project® at Tough Mudder events.
"Advil® is the Brand that helps people relieve their tough pain. We know that it's tough when you're suffering from pain and need relief, but it's quite another issue when pain holds you back from helping others who count on you. Frankly, letting tough pain get in the way is not an option," said Brian Groves, Chief Marketing Officer at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare.
"Advil Relief in Action recognizes and supports the commitment of active volunteers. And, we're making it possible for Advil buyers to support the everyday heroes among us and these great organizations by making a financial donation through their purchase of participating Advil® bottles."
In 2013, Advil is reaching out to give back, honoring the best among us, volunteers. Their selfless commitment is - Relief in Action.
Source: Pfizer Inc.