Upcoming ASTM Meeting Goes International
ASTM International will hold a workshop on ASTM test methods October 6–8 in Prague, Czech Republic. Participating in the meeting is Committee F02 on Flexible Barrier Packaging, and several of the planned presentations focus on medical device packaging test methods and standards.
|Return to the Feature Industry Updates on ASTM Methods|
Scheduled presentations include the following:
• ISO 11607 Revision and the Need for Consensus Standards with r&R, by Mike Scholla, Convener ISO/TC 198/WG7 Packaging.
• Case Study on the Commercial Importance of Validated Test Methods, by Ralf Walther, TUV expert.
• Seal-Strength Testing (F88), by Marie Tkacik, Beacon Converters.
• Case Study on the Climatic Conditions in the Distribution Environment, by Curt Larsen and John Spitzley, Spartan Design Group.
• F02.40 TG on Edge-Dip Version of F1929 for Seal Integrity, by Geoff Pavey, Oliver-Tolas Healthcare Packaging.
• F02.40 TG on Dye Test for Seal Integrity of Nonporous Packages, by Dhuanne Dodrill, Rollprint Packaging Products.
ASTM International invites all stakeholders with an interest in the standardization process to attend. One year of ASTM membership will be provided to those nonmembers who register. ASTM members are eligible to participate in the group’s advanced standards development infrastructure.
For details, visit www.astm.org/MEETINGS/prague.html.