Drug Delivery Packaging Innovations Enhance Health Product Safety
In January 2009, the eighth annual Pharmapack will focus on packaging solutions to international issues in drug delivery. Two days of technical conferences will feature 35 presentations on the following topics:
- Patient nutrition, chaired by Catherine Blanchon, Operations—Supply Chain Quality Management, Nestlé Nutrition (Switzerland).
- Packaging of drugs for clinical trials, chaired by Marylène Delaunay, clinical packaging operations—Responsable Production, Sanofi-Aventis (Vitry, France); Dominique Deldycke, Direction Département Produits pour Investigations Cliniques, Sanofi-Aventis (Vitry, France); and Annick Tibi, pharmacist in charge of clinical trials, AP-HP (France).
- Packaging of liquid forms and injectables for diabetes treatment, chaired by Isabelle Debrix, pharmacist, Hôpital Tenon (France); and Jean-Marc Binet, JMB Consultant.
- Dry-forms packaging, chaired by Laurence Denis, primary packaging development associate director, UCB Pharma (Belgium); and Philippe Arnaud, hospital pharmacist, Chef de Service Hôpital Bichat; Claude Bernard AP-HP, expert, AFSSAPS (France).
- Health products combinations, chaired by Jean-Claude Ghislain, director, medical device evaluation directorate, l’Agence Française de Sécurité Sanitaire des Produits de Santé (France).
- Packaging of nasal and pulmonary forms for asthma treament, chaired by Olivier Bourdon, pharmacist, Hôpital Robert Debré, France, and Christophe Przybylski, director of the innovation department, Laboratoire Pierre Fabre, France.
The exhibition will gather more than 170 companies representing the leading designers, manufacturers, and suppliers of materials, medical devices, packaging, services, technology, and production equipment.
On the second day of the conference, the Pharmapack Awards Ceremony will honor innovative packaging contributing in a significant way to the proper use of drugs in the following categories: compliance, security, and medical device. If you wish to present an innovation, please visit www.pharmapack.fr.
Pharmapack will take place Wednesday and Thursday January 21–22, at the Grande Halle de la Villette in Paris. For further information, please contact Aurore Domange, +33 170 385253, email@example.com.