Several U.S. Pharmacopeia packaging chapters are undergoing some sort of change, reported Dwain L. Sparks, an Eli Lilly Co. retiree and now a strategic advisor and expert consultant with YourEncore, to attendees at Pharmapack North America. These include the following chapters:
• Chapter <381> Elastomeric Closures for Injections.
• Chapter <659> Packaging and Storage Requirements.
• Chapter <660> Containers—Glass.
• Chapter <670> Auxiliary Packaging Components.
• Chapter <661> Containers—Plastics.